Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

L5 spondylolisthesis, stenosis, bulging disk

XC SPINE  LUMBAR: Bilateral pars defects at L5, consistent with bilateral spondylolysis. There
is a tiny grade 1 spondylolisthesis at L5-S1.

Foraminal stenosis on the right at L5-S1, probably moderate-severe. Mild foraminal stenosis on
the left at L5-S1. This foraminal stenosis is likely due to eccentric disc bulge/protrusion.

bulging disk is what I have. My par defects is bilateral cracks that never healed back together. 
My right leg specially right foot gets tingly. More so when I stand. 
My hips hurts at time. 

My 43 yrs old female. I had the spinal issues for yrs. I have bulging disk and right leg/foot issues for over a month. 

Im on tramadol as needed and meloxicam everyday

i have good days and bad. My foot tingles everyday. Occasionally goes half numb on bad days. My left lower back down low at times have spasm. 

I think my spinal dr would like me to go thru spinal fusion surgery. I plan on waiting til summer so she can stay with her gma after surgery. Plus I need to move first. I currently live upstairs. 

Evenstar
advertisement

Comments

• E'starrEE'starr Kansas Posts: 18
    She as in my 7 years daughter. 

Some days my my pain is minimal. On those days I feel like hey my back is getting better. Other days it's like ow! 

Mybulging disk was was triggered by physical therapy. The very thing suppose to help. 
    Had cat scan done. It reveals all I posted above. Met with spine dr. He talked about my options. 

Couple led days later I bent over to pick up an item I dropped and the area above L5 felt like something gave and it was in fire and very painful. The following week I asked him about it. He said since I have problems in L5 area. The area above would be painful at times. I kinda wondered if I gotten another bulging disk. And wished I had my whole spine cat scanned. Cos spine between in upper back been bothering me on and off since before PT. 

I felt kinda like he blow me off. But the area right above L5 is not very painful right now. Just enough to know it's still there. I can't have MRI cos I have cochlear implant. 

What yall think? 
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,789
    E'starr Welcome to Spine-Health!

The choice between fusion and other treatments is not an easy one.  And personal timing (when allowed) is always a challenge.  Have you checked to see if you can have a CAT scan with you current implant.  Most of you symptoms sound very familiar.  If you have surgery .... it would be best to take care of any and all diseased disc's and vertebrae.

I would make sure they are planning to do enough!  Have you gotten a second or third opinion as of yet?

Again Welcome and keep us posted!

Regards,

MN 
  • advertisement
    Yes. I had cat scan done. I thought about seeking 2nd opinions. I have Medicaid and Medicare. Do my primary care dr suppose to refer me to another spine dr or do I look and see who else would be available. 

Thank you
    If you are medicare primary with a state back for medigap plan you should be ok...... But if you are a state "managed care plan" you need to treat the situation as an HMO staff model,  So are you Medicare primary??  If so then you dont need your primary doctors approval.  BUT he should be knowledgeable about what you are doing regardless.

Yours Again,

MN 
    OH ..... what did the cat scan visualize about the L4-L3 area??

MN
  • advertisement
    I don't know about the area above L5. I wish my dr order another cat scan. When it hurt more I'm sure he will. But the current cat scan says: 
    Bilateral pars defects at L5, consistent with bilateral spondylolysis. [free floating cracks]
    There is a tiny grade 1 spondylolisthesis at L5-S1. [tiny my ass. Doesn't feel tiny at times. Lol. ]

Foraminal stenosis on the right at L5-S1, probably moderate-severe. Mild foraminal stenosis on
    the left at L5-S1. This foraminal stenosis is likely due to eccentric disc bulge/protrusion.
    [bulging/ruptured disk, most of the junk is in right side]

my right leg/foot tingles every day. In the evenings my foot hurt more. My left leg start to tingle at times. Depends on the day and how long I have been on my feet. I have sciatica nerve pain in right leg. Some days very mild. Other days hurts a lot. The first two weeks after my disk ruptured, when my get out of bed in the mornings, I would have severe deep pain in right leg and have to wait it out before going to do my daily routine.  The last two weeks, not so bad. 
advertisement