Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

A scary glimpse into the future? ......

MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,789
edited 12/05/2016 - 8:32 PM in Pain Management
I set a new record today - I have either gone to or contacted 7 (seven) different pharmacies (including one hospital) and EVERYONE has no hydrocodone 10/325 in stock.

All are "waiting due to a backorder".  Well darn it I have a back and neck disorder - that does wait because of backorder.  I feel this will be the rule and not the exception moving forward :(
SEVEN of them are out!! ...... HHHmmmmmm!!??

MN
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,470
    Crazy, right??!!!  My pharmacist told me the major chains are only allowed so many a day. That is corporate decision. To get any type of Opioids, go the first thing in the mornings. You can also call and find out what days and times they get their shipments in.
    I had the same problem until I switched to a locally owned pharmacy. 
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,789
    The "do you have" count stopped at 12 different pharmacys - Local - Big box stores - National chains - Na da.

I see this only getting worse.  Glad I'm not trying to get MS or OXY or Fentanyl Patches - Lord help us all !!!!

MN
  • advertisement
  • What a nightmare for you MN. Some professionals just don't seem to understand real need for meds!!!!!

I had an enforced changed from Lyrica to Alzain last week, due to new government guidelines (COST!). The GP surgery felt it appropriate to call everybody for a meds review on the same day and the poor pharamacist had Lyrica stacked in his drug drawers but no Alzain. He was so apologetic as he knows what a struggle it is for me to get out on some days.

I had a week to deal with the shortage as my perscription wasn't due but that is not your situation. I hope you manage to sort out for tomorrow.
    AJ
    AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • scinmyheartsscinmyheart Posts: 186
    edited 12/05/2016 - 2:45 PM
    I went through the same malarkey three or four months ago with generic MS Contin 15mg...were out 3 months in a row...end  up going through 23 drugstores one time and finally found it about an hour away

I mentioned it to the doctor's office, and they said that a lot of people were saying the same 

half of the pharmacies won't tell you anything over the phone, so it may become a long day

the pharmacy blamed it on the manufacturer, but I still don't really know why...It seems to have settled down for me at the moment, but I will say I have the phone numbers of about 30 pharmacies listed from the closest out in my billfold when I go now...and it still crosses my mind on the way there

I think I read something where the DEA was trying to cut the total number of opiates manufactured for the U.S. in 2017 to be less than in 2016, but I'm not sure
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Yea all this is just to much of a coincidence.  I keep hearing the CDC guidelines shouldn't change anything but this is happening across forums not just spine issues but even ones with severe neurological issues that the blend is much much less capable of helping so dependent more so on meds.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    By across forums I mean ones outside spinehealth also
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
    I read something somewhere (hows that for protecting a source) that the government will be mandating a 25% reduction in the production of MS OXY and Fentanyl and a 27 - 37% reduction in Hydro .... who do they think they are ??? 
  • Max_LeeMax_Lee New York, United StatesPosts: 386
    Reducing the manufacture of pain medication is cruel, what about people who need it in the acute setting; burns, fractures, etc? Hospice and end of life patients? Chronic pain people who have nothing left to turn to? What about them?
    I just went through this last night with my antidepressants. My poor Mum
    and I had to drive all over the city trying to get Effexor in the pill
    form of the generic rather than capsule form because the capsules make
    me vomit within ten minutes of taking them, meaning NONE of my
    medication gets to reach my system. The pharmacy I use now is waiting on
    a shipment. I hadn't been able to take it yet, so my PTSD-ness was out
    in full force. The pharmacy I used to use had 1 refill left and called
    around to five pharmacies before finding one that had it (I let them
    know I had the capsules and hadn't taken any of them...had it with me).
    Then we had to go sit there for an hour because my insurance decided to
    be difficult, and I only got a 10-day supply (literally all they had),
    which is alright until my regular pharmacy gets it in and I can exchange
    the capsules.
    It's not even a controlled substance.
    Kieran 
     "The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the
    brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do
    not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.''-Anonymous

My Story: http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/90688/pain/neck-pain-cervical/help#latest

Update ..... 2.5 days later (this morning) I was able to get my RX filled.  The Pharmacist called me late last night and advised me to come in early as this med will be "selling like hotcakes" (Her words)

So .... I was there when they opened at 9:00am   I find it humorous that I can walk into any of dozens of dispensaries and receive bottles full of various strains of plant material still federally illegal.  But get a real live RX filled for an RX med ........... Takes days .......... Hmmmmmmf!

MN
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,324
    here in canada in my area i have to call 48 hours ahead, tell them the script number and they confirm it in the computer entered by my doctor and send out the order so that the exact number of pills arrives at the pharmacy 48 hours later and i have to pick them up before noon on that day.  if i don't call ahead, i have to wait.  they don't even keep anything in stock anymore, they just order as the scripts come in.
    Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

advertisement