Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Auto fusion

hello
im new to the site , im a 35 yr old female and am finding reading all the info useful on here. I have grade 1 isthmus spondylolthesis and degenerative discs I've been in constant agony since Jan this year. I've seen two surgeons who both said that because one of my disc has almost completely gone the bones have started to self fuse, because of this they want me to wait for this natural process to happen instead of an operation. ( I don't really want an operation unless absolutely last resort ) 
my question would be have any of you been through a similar situation re self fusing and any ideas how long this takes ( I know it's prob different in different cases) but I would be interested in hearing anyone's experience and if the pain subsided eventually 

thank you so much 
advertisement

Comments

•  It happened to me as well at L3-4, right above where I had a fusion. I'm not sure how long it took; it was discovered this year when I had an MRI. I know it can be very painful. I had other problems crop up like stenosis and already have chronic pain in that area. Has it autofused at the same level of spondylolisthesis?
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    edited 12/19/2016 - 9:15 AM
    Hello chihuahualover!

Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement