Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Depressed!!!

i am super depressed.  Is this normal?  I am 8 days after surgery.  Today I felt fine other than being extremely tried so I slept all day.  I am worried I am gonna get more depressed.  I have a history of this.  Any suggestions?
advertisement

Comments

• Hey rln12280, if you felt fine today other than sleeping, I wouldn't let that get to you or be a sign that you're slipping into a depression, I mean you just had a MAJOR surgery and you've been dealing with that between the shoulders PAIN since. Your sleep couldn't have been too good during that time, so if you felt pretty good today your body was taking advantage of the lack of pain and resting and healing... There are some other stories on this site from others that have dealt with the depression issue after this type of surgery though may be worth your time if you haven't checked them out already. I hope and pray that you keep feeling better... 
    BIll
  • RickallenRRickallen MichiganPosts: 91
    Im 7 days after surgery.and im geting worried to 1 day im fine the next im in bed all day.i wana get better so i can go back to work but dont know if thats going to happen.so many things i cant do any more.
  • advertisement
  • 7 days is very soon!  Rest is very important for recovery!
  • I had multi level acdf on November 30th. So wednesday will be 3 weeks post-op. I too, feel very overwhelmed by alot of things. As people have told me......... It is a major surgery to go through and that your body needs time to heal. One day I will sleep alot, the next day I feel good, the next day not so much, it varies. There has been alot of emotional ups and downs, but i've been told it's normal. 
    Hang in there!!!!!!!
    Trying to stay positive
  • RickallenRRickallen MichiganPosts: 91
    Emotions are hard to controil at times like this.Just try not to take it out on the love ones around you.I my self have made a few mistakes doing that.and im sorry about that.
  • advertisement
advertisement