Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

After epidural

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,472
    There is no way I can sleep on my stomach, although I'd love too. I lay on my side with a body pillow against me, leg on the pillow. When i roll over, same thing, another body pillow in my back so i just lay my leg on it. When I lay on my back I have a very thick pillow that goes under my knees.
    We have an extra large king bed and my side is full of pillows and a heating pad!!
    Sometimes you just have to try any and everything to make yourself comfortable. 
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Have they done a thoracic MRI? I know problems in that area may cause visceral pain where you have it. It is very strange indeed. The spinal nerves that innervate my bladder have been affected by stenosis and I have bladder urgency incontinence. If nothing showed up through abdominal ct's then it should be investigated because your pain is not normal. What type of surgery are they recommending?
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement
  • KChrispcatKChrispcat CaliforniaPosts: 66
    Meydey...what is a thoracic MRI? I've had 2 MRIs but they didn't call it that.  I haven't yet met the spine surgeon so I don't know what kind of surgery yet. I do have overactive bladder and I take Toviaz for that and it helps. I also have degenerative disc desease I have to print out another copy of my MRI results..I think it also said something about stenosis as well.
  • KChrispcatKChrispcat CaliforniaPosts: 66
    Memerainbolt....I never thought I could sleep on my stomach before.  Being uncomfortable is better than the pain I feel on my back or sides. I used to sleep on my side with my body pillow similar to what you do. :neutral:" alt=":neutral:" height="20" /> t hurts worse using the pillow for my legs. :(
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    Count your blessings. At least you are sleeping. 
  • advertisement
  • I have had many ESI procedures, from C5 down to T11 and no bad effects, but no lasting good effects outside of an RFA on my neck last year, like night and day. I have trouble sleeping at times. Sometimes I take a big couch cushion to bed with me and lay against it. An ice pack works most of the time. By the time I sack out, I'm usually out of pain meds for the day.
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
advertisement