Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Bulging C5/6 & C6/7

Ok so I'll try make this as short as possible. I have had chronicle lumbar pain. For about 8 yrs now. Each year I have a new MRI that shows more bulging and more deterioration. I also suffer from DJD throughout my body. My last MRI showed moderate to severe changes from my T12 to my tailbone. OK so that's always been the major issue. Fast forward a little to about 2 yrs ago. I was laying in bed one night and I pushed back with my head on the headboard to scoot down. Well something in my neck popped from that day to this I've had a grinding and clicking noise in my neck. I mentioned this to pain management and he passes it off as arthritis without ever doing an MRI, X-Ray or anything to diagnose what it could be. So fast forward to about a month ago. I was at work one day about lunchtime, my neck started to feel like I had a crick in it. But I didn't wake up with it, it just came out of the blue. A few days go by, the pain is getting worse and I have numb spots, burning and tingling from my shoulder to my index finger and thumb. I saw my primary Dr. who again says arthritis and that I need physical therapy. Again he never offered an MRI or  X-Ray either. I didn't think this was a good idea without fully knowing what was going on. So I went again to pain management. This time it was a different PA, who DID order the MRI and X-Ray.The results came back last Wednesday that showed severe bulging in my C5/6 and C6/7 both with left side protrusion. In addition to the bulging and protrusion my C5/6 is pressing on my spinal cord. I was told that so much as a fall could cause the disc to rupture into my cord and cause permanent paralysis. I don't meet with the Neurosurgeon until the 12th. But my actually question is. Is there anything that can be done to fix this with out surgery? My mother had 7 neck/ back surgeries and my Dad had 9. I don't want to end up like they were before they passed away. Constant pain and zero quality of life. I really need some good advice here. Can anyone help to ease my mind. Sorry it was so long but I just wanted my situation to be clear to be able to recieve the best advice. Thanks in advance.
advertisement

Comments

•   Hey, i have a bunch of advice if your interested. I had a spinal fusion, as well as 7 other procedures done on 11/22/16. About a month. The first thing I extremely urge you to do is get an MRI  ASAP !!!! My neurosurgeon told me if I hadn't acted when I did. I would probably be a paraplegic inside of a year. May I ask your age? I'm 43 and injured my back in a car accident where I was ejected via windshield. So I'm not to educated on back problems like most.