Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

on going sacroliac and hip pain

I have had the usual back problems . A disc degeneration that is moderate to severe in the lumbar area, less severe in the neck which i use a denneroll for , one leg shorter than the other which i wear orthodics and a slight lift in the one side.
My chiropractor has kept me going for about 14 yrs now but new problems started in September when i decided to paint the outside of the house and tensing up my muscles in the hip, legs and back area.
My first sypmtoms were of pain when i started walking after getting out bed in the morning and then it would gradually go away as the day went on.Then one day i bent over to feed one of the cats and then came a sharp pain in the left lower back and hip.Went to the chiropractor and have not been back to work since mid october.
My chiropractor says there has been some soft tissue damage as well as busitiis where the ligaments attach to the bone.My gp ran blood work and i am low in ferritin(24) and b12 (191) so now i take supplements as well cutting way back on sugar. I use to have 3 boxes of cookies a week.
My question is i go to bed with hardly any pain and then wake up with pain on the hip i sleep on as well as pain in sacrum/ tailbone area.Is it still soft tissue healing or something else?
I do all the exercises for the hip and core as well( figure four, clam shell, bird dog, cat camel and lumbar stretches.
I do these after using ice and then waiting for about an hour and use my de ho's tens machine and i am still what i call twingy with sharp pain around the sacrum and sacrolliac.
Please someone help i have started massage therapy and accupuncture and it just gives temporary relief.
I want to get back to work and lead a normal life again without a cane.
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,703
    Hello dsad

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

Please click on link for information about Spine-health
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,215
    Hi dsad!! I will start off with a few questions and with your answers hopefully others will respond.
    What type of doctor are your currently seeing for any of these issues other than your GP?
    Have you had any recent diagnostic tests ran? And if so, what were the findings?
    Hope you find some answers and relief, keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement