Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

3 Months Post ACDF C5-7

Went to surgeon today and got x-rays.  They said its not fusing as fast as they would like.  He is having me take Vitamin D to help get more calcium and to come back in 1 month. 

Anybody else experience the same.

Thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• I was started on Vit D and calcium before my surgery . I had a 2 level fusion and the one at C6 healed faster that C5 . I also used  bone stimulater right from start. I was comple fused in 5 months
    Dancer
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    tschmidt

It is not all that uncommon for the fusion to fail, especially when more than one level is involved.

My first fusion one of the levels healed better than the other.

My second fusion wasn't fusing after 3 months, so the surgeon prescribed a Bone Growth Stimulator(BGS).  My next visit was at 7 months, and it was fused.

Tobacco use is thought to prevent fusion.  So make sure that isn't a problem...

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• advertisement
  • tschmidtttschmidt New YorkPosts: 17
    Thanks for the feedback..  :)