Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Rude/screaming dr!

This is unbelievable! I have seen a new dr due to my old dr retirement. I have both severe DDD and history of motor vehicle accident (not severe mva). As I get worse over 10 years I am now in extreme pain, thoracic and lumbar now the worse, with severe sciatic/ leg pain. Before old dr retired he had a second opion. Both agreed I have severe spondiolysis and need surgery. Last week I saw new dr for second time. He again wants to insert pain/drug pump. I choose not to use drugs and would prefer 'rotor rooter' if applicable. This dr starts screaming- literally!! Says I have no knowledge and drugs will stop the pain. (I worked in surgery as scrub RN for years, and would like to be able to return to part time work) . As this dr is in a different city, I have never encountered him nor anyone with this attitude.  Is this what our healthcare has come to in USA??  Of course I will seek a different dr. Are drs trying to make more $$ by long term insertion pumps vs 'fixing' the problem if possible?? Wow-"what an awakening of the other side of healthcare!!
advertisement