Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

In accidennt 11/28/16 multi areas of pain Cervical Spondyllotis with cervical stenonsis

alley167aalley167 Posts: 1
edited 01/06/2017 - 2:41 PM in New to Pain

Long  story short I was sitting at  light was rear ended driver going 30 to 35 mph

Was  knocked  unconscious  immediately sent to  hospital some  x ray diagnosed concussion, Whiplah.

Scheduled with Ortho as  we  all know  with  no  rush  of urgency so  12/8 I have multiple things going on

Head ache

heavy  feeling on  neck and shoulder with  radiating pains 8 inches from neck in  spine, arms lost some  strength hands falling asleep  at nigh

Left Hip, Knee,  Ankle pain

Buttock burning on left leg tight muscle  from bottom of but to knee.

Middle back  one spot  burns so  bad  all  the  time  why  my  bottom back I  can bend to  do dishes laundry thankfully I  work in  office so  when  the heaviness on  shoulders  start I  lean  on  wall however my thighs  shake to  go up stairs I get  sharp shooting  pain inside thigh that shoot so of  to groin  area its  very  strand.

I was given  Neuroton 300 mg  3  daily flexeril 100  mg 3 times daily diclofunec 75mg 3x daily

was scheduled for  MRI  on 12/12  and PT to  start 20lb on 12/14  did  PT could  hardly move when MRI  came  he cancelled all  PT told me  to  not  lift over 20 lb  also  to  stay away  from  anything that could jerk my kneck. I was given not pain medicine 1.

He did not explain  MRI  to  me just  schedule ESI I  did this morning at 9 it made my left arm jerk a lot  mass pressure on left side of  neck and my right side  of face feels a little number with  shooting  pains  everywhere.  UGH

So my PCP doc told me I need  to  go to [edit] clinic I  called ortho (all this office  of  for  is hips,  knees, hand,  elbow)

Was surprised at the Radiology report seaming  only  thing  doc said  to  me  is  have you had spinal surgery  I said know he  said we  will start less invasive first.

MRI Reportc

1. Multilevel broad based mixed  spondylotic disc  desplacements c3/4 through c6/7  with ventral cord flattening at c5/7 c6/7

2. Multi  mild grade foraminal stenosis secondary to undinate hypertrophy.

Diagnosis

Cervical  disc herniation c5/6  c6/7  with flattened ventral  cord and radiculopathy

As my  doctors  admin only told me  I had spinal compression  when  they call  me on Monday not to go to PT  and  the other  restrictions. I  told her I am  in  major pain  and they said unless  they  operate or I have  fracture they can help me to call my family PCP

I am 43 and  my life has  changed  now  forever the herniated disc and  other pain was  from  accident however  reading the cord  compression and  stenosis I am never going to be  the same, I was  pain  free never  had problems however this jolt has moved  it  to  full gear.

I had  to  go  to  hospital on  new years eve I literally coudnt walk I an improvising  something  due to my  low back, hip, thigh  and  heel  paid  that  my knees  were  swollen.

they gave  me a shot of  pain pill, valium, and  toradol (strong  anti anflamitory) it helped my  knees  so I only wobble  around .

they also gave me  lumbar and thoracic  MRI she said they cant diagnose at hospital only mane sure my cord isn't completely  severed.

So I go  to  doc Monday to  let him go over these MRI.

With  multilevel stenosis ive

Comment edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator To remove specific medical facility

advertisement