Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Out of nowhere

Hello everyone. I was standing at my kitchen counter using my cell phone last Friday. A very intense pain shot through my whole lower back.  It almost made me fall over.  Since then I've been having very sharp pain in both sides of my lower back.  It also goes around through my hips and into my groin.  Yesterday I also started have some weakness in both of my legs.  I was thinking muscle pull but I've never had one this painful. What the heck happened? 
advertisement

Comments

• Update. .. I was in a lot of discomfort and ended up calling an advice nurse yesterday. She suggested I be seen at urgent care. I went to an UC clinic this morning and was given an X-ray. Results were normal.  The PA said it was more than likely a pulled muscle. Whats bothering me is she did no physical or asked no questions. I was thinking she would do some range of motion or something. Nothing. It may be a muscle and that's fine with me. Im just worried it could be worse 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,357
    Unknownpope, welcome to Spine Health!!  There are no medical professionals on this site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to give any type of medical advice.
    Have you made an appointment with your doctor? When and if you do, ask questions regarding what it could be, treatment, test, physical therapy.
    Anyone could guess at it but when it comes to your health you want an answer.
    Keep us posted on what you find out.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello unknownpope !

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History