Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical Spine Stenosis and Hip/Leg/foot

Just wondering here...
Does any of you with cervical spine stenosis have pain and/or radiating pain in you hip, leg, and/or foot on one particular side of body?
Thx for your replies in advance.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,587
    momo-k
    I have mild cervical stenosis in which I never had the pain you described.

But I had severe lumbar stenosis (Surgery in 3/31/16) and had the same symptoms as you described.   Until my surgery it was always only on the right side.   The back pain has improved so much, but the nerve damage is going to still take some time.

I believe you told us all what the MRI reports indicated, but please excuse me, I wasnt sure if there were any lumbar discs also involved.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • momo-kmmomo-k Posts: 131
    edited 01/12/2017 - 6:16 PM
    Thanks Ron for your reply. I only had an MRI for my cervical spine.

I am going to see the doctor who referred me to NS in a few weeks, so I will ask all the pains that I've been experiencing. My hip to leg pain has been more pronounced than neck/shoulder pain at the moment. It seems I can t get any break from the pain business. :/ 

A couple more questions:
    1. Did you take an EMG Test prior to your surgery? 
    2. How many days before your surgery did the doctor's office contact you to go through pre-surgery exam, seminar,  and/or prep?

Thanks again.

• advertisement