Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

I didn't make it for pill count

I ve been on percocets for about 8 years for mostly chronic neck & shoulder,, had surgery and only made it worse. I also have pain in mid back, tail bone and  Doc says discs are bad there as well. I have degenerative disc disease. Last week the pain management center called me to come in for random pill count. I told the lady sure I;d come that day before closing. Well, the day kind of turned upside down. My mother was in the hospital for almost 5 weeks, released Jan 1st 2017. She has a lot of heart and kidney problems and she was on life support for 10 days of the hospital stay. Anyway, my Mom got what we think is ICU or Hospital delirium, there's no way to know for sure but it could even be dementia. She still has believes her hallucinations really happened. One of them was that I was "looking for men" at the hospital. Now keep in mind I am a very happily married woman but she still believes this and other things, like I piled up in the floor and went to sleep and wouldn't get up to help her. This is all absolutely not true in any way. I'd give my Mother my heart if I could. Anyways after I talked to the lady on the phone requesting the pill count, for some reason my Mom thought I was going some place else. She really broke my heart with the things she said about me, but I never left that day because she thought I was going to be with a man. So I missed my pill count, does anybody know what happens next? Do you get more than 1 chance? If the doctor decides to not give me the medicine anymore because of this then will he give me help getting off of them? I've been on 10 mg for about 8 years. I know I'm addicted to them but I don't take more than prescribed because their is no benefit at all to it. I've been putting off calling the pain clinic until Monday, my scheduled appointment is for Wednesday, and ask if I should come or not and that if he is going to cut me off I will need help. I wish everyone would say you get more than 1 chance. I also live about 40 miles from the pain management clinic which actually was the reason I made the last minute decision to not go. My Mom was freaking out, I had nobody to stay with her, I have a brother and a sister in which I get no help what so ever from in any form, not even empathy for dealing with the things she says and believes about me while she is pretty much living with me for now. But at the last hour I could have made the trip I was so aggravated, scared about her, and I honestly hurt so bad emotionally I just didn't care. Can anybody offer advice or know of it happening to anyone else? I have my pills even if they called me in tomorrow.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,230
    My personal advice (not medical or professional) is to tell the truth, explain the story to that practice.
    Hopefully, you will find out if they have a good heart
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thats kind of how I feel I think. I don't want to go begging or anything but at the same time I've heard horror stories about people trying to come off on their own.  Maybe this was a sign its time for me to deal with the pain somehow, the pills really don't do much for me anymore. I think I'm going to call their mental health advisor on Monday and just tell her how it happened and maybe she'll help me in one direction or the other. I'm scared to be left hanging.
  • advertisement
  • Did you leave them a message that day? It's certainly understandable about your mom being in ICU. If you can get proof of her stay you should be okay. Find out what your pain contract says about missing pill counts though. The sooner you talk to them the better. Sorry to hear about your mom and it's difficult when she's not herself. Hope things get sorted out and take care.
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • Sorry to hear about your Mom those times are so hard to deal with I hope she gets better soon. I lost my Mom a few years ago and she went through some of that mental stuff too.
    I would do as suggested get maybe a letter from the hospital stating your mom was in there and what you were dealing with if they could help you with that.
    I wouldn't discuss the pill issue over the phone I would keep the apt. with your doctor to discuss. Hopefully you have a good relationship and he will understand.
    I would for sure discuss either going off the meds if they are  not helping you or maybe your doctor has some great ideas how to help you with the tolerance issues.
    Best wishes
    Sherri
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello,angel 2006 !
    Please click on link for helpful information
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
advertisement