Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain from muscle spasms

I have been so worried about being on benzo such as Ativan,  has anyone been on , Klondike, Valium, Ativan for a long period for those muscle 
spasms.  Or what really worked best for you.  I do my stretches but the meds help better.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,562
    Mike, I wish I had a definite answer for you on this.
    I have been dealing with muscle spasms, cramps, knots, etc from my waist down for more than I can remember.

I've been told adding more potassium to my diet, Orange Juice, Bananas, etc might help    Nope

My legs at night could probably blow up a hot air balloon the way the move and twitch.   I used a medication called Requip which helped a lot but left me in a total body itching/scratching/itching routine.  I had to stop that.

I know you use baclofen, which is great for spasms, but there is only so much that can ever do.

There are supplements that seem to work, some have helped me over the years, but still no one concrete solution

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Hi Mike, I was given Valium one time after my fusion for 3 months. Otherwise, I've always been on muscle relaxers such as Baclofen, Zanaflex, Soma, Skelaxin, and the dreaded Flexeril which didn't help me. The best one so far for me has been Baclofen at 2 tabs every 8 hours. Massage is very soothing and helpful too.
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 681
    Does    Soma work very well,
    my baclofen pump is not working very well for muscles above my belly button.
  • I have been taking Soma for many years and for me it is more effective then benzos or other muscle relaxing agents out there. Been around forever and is cheap compared to others.
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 681
    Hey   Ron,
    youve been through so much over the years. I don't know how you do it.
    Ive been at it 3 years and can't tolerate it,   I keep hoping for the manic pill.
    Thanks for helping so many on this forum.
       God.  Bless 
  • advertisement
  • Hi Mike,

I haven't tried those meds. I've tried others for pain and some spasm, but recently I started on of those laser therapies at home. I'm finding myself more relieved at night. I stand and move a lot during the day and it makes everything so bad at night, but the laser therapy is making good changes so far. i even sleep better now and i dont get spasms anymore!
advertisement