Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Opioid induced constipation

Comments

• I've been on about 30mg of hydrocodone per day, for the last few weeks and have also experienced constipation. When I do have to have a bm I feel like I have to go but it won't come out unless I push... the only problem is that I can't push because it is too painful wth my sciatica issues. Solution that has worked for me is just buying the OTC enema kits. Also, I have a bidet installed on my toilet which helps tremendously, I got it from an online company for only like $100, company was called Biffy. I have yet to try stool softeners but may need to if my current solution stops working.
  • rae1112rae1112 Michigan Posts: 147
    Suppository too if you're desperate to go maybe?
    Should at least get things moving 
  • advertisement
  • I had some suppositories around and used one after I got out of the hospital with my heart attack. They barely gave me enough pain medication during my 10 day stay, when I was out and taking my full dose, my plumbing backed up badly. The suppository worked and from there it was Miralax and Metamucil which I take only that every other day. I eat a bran-flax cereal most mornings that is a real help to me.
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • There's a tea called Smooth Move that's organic and you drink it before bedtime.  Works great! 
    I try and use natural stuff as I already hate that I've got to take pain killers, muscle relaxers and Voltaire for inflammation.  I eat lots of organic fruit too.  I've got a garden that my husband helps me with.  We grow only organic vegetables and have fruit trees too.  
advertisement