Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Hello everyone

hello everyone looking to share my back experience with you as I'm goihbg crazy trying to get to the bottom of my aches and pains. Started 4 years ago pain in my neck recent scans show slight disc Buldge c5/c6 that isn't compressing nerve but pain management doctor was convinced it was at some point. Problem I have now is my thoriac back is constantly tight and painful I get constant pain in my rib cage and high in my upper abdominal quadrants had lots of blood tests had ultrasounds on gallbladder liver tests and had colonoscopy and endoscopy to rule out gi issues currently seeing a rhumotologist who has ordered X-rays for mid back and chest I'm convinced I have issues in my mid back but all I get from physios and doctors is you won't have a problem with it these injuries are rare. I was just wondering if anyone has anything similar to me upper and mid back tightness rib cage and abdominal shooting pains??
advertisement

Comments

• Hello, Blainemufc!

There are many members here who can relate to your experience of having more questions than answers in terms of what's causing your pain.  It can be so frustrating when there are conflicting opinions as to what is going on with your spine.  It sounds like you're going through quite the gamut of testing--that in and of itself is so exhausting!  I do hope you're giving yourself at least a small pat on the back for not losing your sense of commitment to getting answers for yourself!!  Determination is one of those qualities that is absolutely indispensable to "spineys"!

I'd like to welcome you to the forums!  Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  •  I also agree with Kimmy and it would be helpful getting a thoracic MRI. Problems there are less common but it happens. I have multiple disc bulges, DDD, and stenosis in that area. If your symptoms correlate with thoracic problems then an MRI can help diagnose the problem. They can be inconclusive regarding the extent of nerve compression since it's done in a supine position. My surgeon ordered a ct myelogram to confirm before scheduling a microdiscectomy. Anyway, I hope you get the answers you need soon. Take care
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement
  • Thankyou for the welcome  :) I have follow up with Rhumotolgy next month so il try and push for more scans I currently have deep tissue massages and acupuncture for the muscle spasms that help it's just the strange pains and discomfort radiating to my rib cage abdominal area that is really nagging I shall keep people posted on any results and procedures just feel like I'm constantly repeating myself for years. I got diagnosed with non visceral abdominal wall pain that can be caused from few things including nerve problems il get there eventually!