Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Hi all,
Hope your all doing well. I have been having severe neck pain for almost 2 years. Finally got an MRI and these are the results:
MRI findings...explains a lot

C2-C3: No canal or foraminal narrowing.

C3-C4: Mild disc herniation and severe left foraminal narrowing and severe left facet arthropathy.

C4-C5: No canal or foraminal narrowing.

C5-C6: Moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing. No canal narrowing

C6-C7: Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing without canal narrowing

C7-T1: No canal or foraminal narrowing

Mild degenerative disc disease asymmetric to the left at C3-C4 with type 1 endplate changes.

IMPRESSION

1. Severe left foraminal narrowing C3-C4 (with severe left facet arthropathy) and moderate bilateral

foraminal narrowing at C5-6.
So I have been placed in a collar for 2 weeks. If that don't help were looking at surgery. I'm hoping that don't have to happen. My neck pain has actually gotten worse since wearing the brace, sending pain across my shoulders and down my arms. That has me concerned. But I'm hanging in there. Thanks for listening. Prayers for speedy recoveries for all.
advertisement

Comments

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    Welcome and good luck. Cervical disc herniation is no joke. The pain down the arm, for me, was from a pinched nerve. Hope your doc is treating your pain during this difficult time. 
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello lawana!
    I don't believe you're asking for medical advice....
    Just as a gentle reminder......there are no medical professionals on discussion forums.
    We are not permitted to advice or even comment on your MRI or any other testing.

Curious...did you tell your doctor about the collar causing more pain?
    It may help him with clues of your cervical issues, and I'm sure he would want to know.

How soon are you possibly having surgery? And what kind of surgery did doctor mention?

You say you're hanging in there and that is so good!
    Seems you have good attitude to face whatever decision comes your way.

Search, upper right on page may be helpful to you.
    Typing in any of your concerns may lead you to current or older discussions.
    You may be led to medical side for articles and videos. Very informative!

I esp like the visual aid of video explanations of 
    rocedures, surgery, etc....

I look forward to following your discussion re results of brace and your possible surgery.
    Do,take care!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement