Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Failed lumbar fusion

Hello. I had a lumbar fusion  in May 2014. From the moment I woke up I knew there  was something  very wrong. Very long story but finally found out in September  2016 that the 2 level fusion  did not take and the screws are indeed loose . What kind of damage is being done  if I cannot get this corrected. I've seen 3 surgeons, they all say I need a revision surgery. I've been told that my spine is very unstable. How can this  damage me in the long term? The revision  surgery would be an anterior  /posterior  surgery. I'm all for getting  it done but my insurance  sucks and I have no way to pay Co pays I haven't  worked in 5 years. I've been turned  down for social  security  due to my work history and state assistance  denied me because  they say my husband  makes too much money
~Marie
advertisement

Comments

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 927

Marie...

Your doctors are right... with the lack of fusion and instability in your spine your problems will only get worse with time and could potentially result in permanent nerve damage at some point.  I've also been through revision surgery and it's no fun... but at this point with no fusion and loose hardware there really isn't much choice.

Harry - 64 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • IrishreeIIrishree Posts: 3
    edited 02/28/2017 - 8:41 PM
    I'm suffering  terrible . The auto insurance  that's been covering  everything  maxed out and will not pay for the revision surgery . I've seen 2 orthopedic  surgeons and a neurosurgeon  and they all concur that I need an anterior  / posterior revision surgery. I applied for social ecurity snd the letter came back saying  we do find you to be disabled. You will start receiving $0.00, I went to find d out why and they said it's because  i have not worked  in the last 5 years .  I had an ACDF, a lung cancer scare with a biopsy under my left breast that I had a pretty long recuperation from  ( it was benign! Thank God!) My gall bladder removed and the lumbar fusion of l4/5,l5/s1,all in 4 years time...it's no stretch to see why I have not been working .  I even applied for social services  since I am not contributing at all to our household . .I've been denied because  my husband  made "too much money" last year. Honestly . ..who makes up these guidelines  and why don't they look at our current financials and situations ?  Sorry to be bitching. Yesterday  at one of my monthly doctor  appointments  one of the staff told me the next time I stumble and or fall to go to the er  and tell them I cannot walk. She said they'd have to admit and treat...is this right? I have a stabbing burning  numbness to my left foot that has been there since they operated in May 2015..so e ti e there he's a stabbing blinding  pain in my lower left buttock thst takes my breath away.  My legs hurt,my buttocks hurt,my lower back hurts. I just want my life  back!
    ~Marie
  • advertisement