Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

No diagnosis

I am a 39-year-old woman who has been having lower back pain since around the time my 6 1/2 year-old son was born so when I was 33.  I also had pain in my groin/hip flexor area since then. I was going to physical therapy and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Eventually I had surgery on my left  hip for a labral tear. It did not fix anything. the back of my lower hip felt like it hurt and the surgeon for my labral tear said I needed to get  My back checked out but he still went ahead with the surgery. It seemed to make it worse. I eventually got a MRI and found out that I had bulging disks. But the back doctor did not think that they were severe enough to cause  all this trouble. They were going to do a shot but I backed out of it because I was afraid it might make it worse and they couldn't tell me that it would not. I did some more physical therapy, the McKenzie method and it did help for a while. I just wish I knew what was wrong.  I also have a lot of pain in my shoulders and now I think I'm developing carpal tunnel syndrome. It just seems like I am falling apart and I'm not even 40 yet. The main thing I wanted to ask if anyone else had was difficulty sitting on the floor.  It has been extremely painful for me to sit on the floor ever since my second son was born. Is that a symptom of anything specific? 
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello karina1 !

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

•  Sitting on a hard surface is next to impossible for us with back problems. I know I can't since I've had surgeries for past herniated discs, severe DDD, and pinched nerves. Bulging discs can be asymptomatic unless there is nerve impingement or stenosis caused as a result If you get relief from an epidural spinal injection, it can show that disc bulge is causing pain. Getting a firm diagnosis is key in the treatment for back pain. You can always get a second opinion, or wait and see if this resolves on its own with conservative treatment.
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement