Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Traveling with CHronic Pain

does anyone have good ideas with regards to traveling with chronic pain? I've had low back fusion, c5-7 fusion & a messed up ACL reconstruction thank I'm dealing with. The ACL - Dr cut saphenous nerve that is now the hardest on me. 
Getting out of town & Wht to know some tricks to ward  off this nasty pain!! 
Thx 
advertisement

Comments

• Hello tinkz44
    i am sorry to hear about your pain.  I travel frequently for my job and suffer from back pain throughout my entire spine. Luckily I work from home most time but travel can takes its toll on my body.  I do take medication and get injections, but most importantly I travel with my heating pad.  It seems so basic but it really helps after a long day.   I also use voltarin topical gel , it also helps at the end of the day.  Staying on top of the pain before it gets too extreme is important, take a rest when you need it.  Take care and hope this helps a little. 
    kelz
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443
    We used to travel a lot and it's tough when you are in pain.
    I also took my heating pad everywhere I went. If you are driving, stop at least every hour and stretch and walk around. If you're alone and having to drive it can get very uncomfortable and hard to find the right spot. Take nice semi hard pillows to put on your side and a soft one for your back. Also try a neck cushion.
    We always get a hotel with an indoor pool, really helps you relax at the end of a long day.
    Let us know how your trip goes and what you found to make you comfortable.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • If you go on a road trip, make sure you stop frequently to stretch out. Prolonged sitting or driving wreaks havoc on us with chronic back pain. Ice packs are my best friends too. I keep many stocked up in my freezer. I like using heat for muscle spasms and Icy Hot w/ lidocaine on my back and extremities. Cars with a higher suspension is a must have since vibrations can make things worse for us. I wish I could get an SUV someday since my car is low to he ground. I once bought a car cover seat that massages and heats up. Don't get the cheap ones though; I learned the hard way. Travel pillows are very handy too. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • I travel with a neck pillow I bought in an airport shop years ago. A lifesaver to me. Some planes have them, most do not. I've asked for small pillows to put behind me, another help when I fly.
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
advertisement