Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Waiting for Neuro appointment.

Good Morning readers,

So its currently 4am 9/2/17 and im still wode awake in pain, 

I have been for an MRI recently and my results came back showing compression on my nerves and that my Doc was refering me to a neurosurgeon for assesment now this was about 2 months ago now, I received a letter in which I was to phone the appoinment line and book an appointment but to my suprise there wasnt any and was told to wait for one, my pain is getting worse im now on naproxen and gabapetin but it dpesnt seem to work, I often find myself paraylsed for a good 2 hours in the evening with  no movement at all waist down, what do I do I need to be seen i cant take  no more pain ive put up with it now for a good 6 months what do i do 

Jonny 21
advertisement

Comments

• Hi jonny9196, I would be getting in touch with your Dr and either get them to follow up for you with an appointment or refer you to another neurosurgeon. Good luck.
  • MonikokiMonikoki Northampton.UKPosts: 71
    Hello Jonny9196.I know how desperate can you be...I was there.You should go to your Gp and ask him what can you do being in so much pain,without having any response from the neuro.And call the hospital every two days,you must insist...Good luck and take care
  • advertisement
  • Naproxen and gabapentin does nothing for me either.  Does it ever work for people with spinal cord issues???  Seems like it doesn't for most people.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello jonny9196 !

As was mentioned above, have you followed through by notifying your PCP of this delay?
    And of course, of worsening symptoms?

If I found myself paralyzed from the waist down two hours in the evenings....I would definitely not wait it out alone.
    Such symptoms and also the pain ...it's a lot to be expected to just endure for , well who knows how long.

Have you notified doctor the meds prescribed are not effective for you?

There are no medical professional here...so I am not qualified or allowed to give advice.
    Only you can know decide when you need to have more attention.

But for me...experiencing paralysis...I would be in the ER.

Please click on link for helpful information!

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

advertisement