Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain dissipating suddenly

After being in chronic pain for the past 3 plus months with cervical radiculopathy in both arms and constant neck stiffness and pain, the pain began to lessen over the last three days. I have not done anything other than stop taking the high dose of tylenol along with muscle relaxants and instead taking tumeric capsules along with one valerian capsule at night in order to sleep. I am not quite sure what to make of this and am waiting for the bouts of pain to slam me again. I have a follow up appointment with neurosurgeon in two weeks to decide on what is the next step as surgery is on the table. Not sure if anyone else has a sudden remission of symptoms. My pain levels were at a 6-7 out of 10 daily and now are at 1-2. 
advertisement

Comments

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Ride the wave haha.  What you are taking to sleep is a circulation and inflammation helper so maybe made a difference.  Also depending on time since pain started a disc can reabsorb or heal a bit in time.  I would enjoy the relief and talk to dr about it all getting better
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • Thanks. I have found that both tumeric and valerian have helped with other aches. I am keeping a pain diary as instructed by doctor so maybe this will help with a better diagnosis. Pain did come back awakening me last night though. 
  • advertisement
  • cmiragliaccmiraglia Posts: 30
    edited 03/08/2017 - 9:13 PM
    So I have been taking Gabepentin for the last two and half weeks and most of the pain has dissipated but at times comes back but not with the intensity as before. I will have a spinal epidural C3-4 to lessen pain and for diagnosis of pain in arms.  MRI to review any other complications with nerves will take place in next couple of weeks. It as if I am waiting for pain to come back with vengeance, but enjoying relief.