Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Found an SCS whisperer

jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
edited 02/15/2017 - 11:09 PM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I am 3 months post op from my Algovita install. I asked for a reprogram and got it yesterday. They sent a new man. I told him my lumbar left was the issue I've been dealing with since my 2001 surgery. He set up 2 high frequency programs and 1 tonic. I asked for a 2nd tonic and he gave me one. All 4 target mainly lumbar L/4/L5 area. He did not have to ask me whether the vibrations were stronger on my left or right like previous Nuvectra reps. He knew right away. I was very impressed. One tonic feels like a Harley Davidson revving. The other feels like a slow machine gun. I did have what I called high pitched vibrations that I did not care for. I need a low and tough punch to my back. The 2 non paresthesia programs also mostly eliminate my lumbar pain. He also said the unit is safe for MRIs and it should get the official FDA announcement in a couple of months. This was great news to me of course. I have DDD and bulging discs from top to bottom. I seriously doubt I've had my last serious spine issue. 
advertisement

Comments

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    edited 02/16/2017 - 2:09 PM
    Day 3 after SCS reprogramming:

Fell asleep, last night, with less cervical,thoracic and lumbar pain. I use prescription pain ointments each day. I have not used any since Monday. I woke up with less pain today. My SCS is really working the best it's ever worked. Does it continue? Time will tell. I have had miracles before that went away quickly. However, this feels like nothing else ever. 

The rep told me to charge each week whether I need it or not. I have never made it 7 days before. Charging on the 5th day today. 

My take away lesson after 3 months is make sure to get your SCS fine tuned for your particular pains. Mine is L4/L5 left. It's been set for L4/L5 right and it was not nearly as effective.