Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Foot pain

I'm 6 wks post spinal fusion surgery & still have pain/burning sensation in my left foot/toes. Has anyone else had this & if so, does it settle?
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Debjoy in my experience yes it does settle but every case varies. I've had 2 microdiscectomy ops in last 2 months the first op caused several problems including really severe foot pain in right foot - swollen, red, tender, couldn't bare touch etc and I used alkalinising bath salt (warm not hot water) cyrogel (ice cooling) toe separator (I developed a neuroma) and rest. I knew something was wrong though and (long story) after 2nd op right foot all good and left foot has some heat and pain but this time it comes and goes and I can tell it's a healing thing and not a bad reaction like before. So basically you can have it in both a problem and a healing way that improves. It really depends on severity/symptoms. Is it constant? Increasing or levelling pain? Have you discussed with NS? 
  • Thank you for getting back to me. My toes on my left foot felt odd from day one after the op & by the end of week 2 post op, that foot was really bad, burning/numb sensation. The only thing that helped was soaking it in warm water with Epsom salts. But then it settled, pretty much completely. But over the past week or so it's got progressively worse again, but the whole foot, not just my toes. It tingles, aches & burns. It's not swollen though. It is better if I'm up & around, definitely worse when I'm sat or laying down. My husband drove us over to his parents on Monday, it's about a 40 min drive, each way & that seems to be what really set it off. I think it was too long sat in the car. I've just woken up & it's hurting already. I see my NS for the first time since my op, next Tuesday, so obviously I'll ask him about it. Apart from that, the op went so well (fusion at L5/S1) & my back pain, that I've had for 7 yrs, has gone. Really hope the foot thing settles. 
  • advertisement