Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone re-herniated their disc after microdiscectomy

Just a little background information. Two weeks ago I had a microdiscectomy done on my L4 L5 disc. Everything seemed to be doing okay for the 1st 10 days or so. The only thing that I noticed that was different was I had a numbness and a tingle in my right foot which I didn't have before surgery. But the pain in my right buttocks n ankle calf area had gone away. The doctor said that was normal because the disc was impinged for so long. 

Over the last 4 days or so my right hamstring and right buttock have been more tender than usual almost feeling like how it felt pre-op.  I am afraid that I reherniation the same disc. The weird thing is that the  numbness and tingling in my right foot  has been slowly getting better. Anyone experienced this before? 
advertisement

Comments

• [Deleted User][[Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 02/20/2017 - 10:06 AM
    Hi there. I had the same surgery this Jan. I recently had a new MRI to check for a re-herniation because my pain has been so much worse since surgery. My doctor told me it is possible. He said even a simple sneeze "could" do damage. He wants to make sure something hasn't happened but isn't exactly sure what the issue is. But I can barely function a normally since surgery. But it could be because surgery was so recent for you. I would definitely talk with your doctor in regards to this to make sure it doesn't get worse. Be patient and don't push yourself too hard!!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello htnguyen 96 !
    While waiting for more responses by members with shared experiences, search may be helpful to you for any of your concerns, upper right on page.

Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement