Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain on my Chest

I had a c5 and c6 hernation surgery 2 months ago. It wasn't a fusion but it was something like cages alone without plates and now I am having a pain in my chest. I mean ıit is not a great pain but once i flex my chest i can feel it. It is annoying and It makes me nervous. It is not very close to the point that i have had my surgery. Almost all of my syptoms are gone (tinglings, numbness) after 6 week from surgery and I don't have any pain on my back shoulders or arms at all but this thing has started 3 days ago and it is not like a nerve pain, it feels more like orthopedic. Does any have any idea about it? Thank you
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    mk1721

First, when I see "pain" and "chest" in the same sentence, I think get a medical opinion now - not later.

After doing that, it is not uncommon for pains to come and go during recovery.  This can be from many reasons including, but not limited to, nerves healing, swelling...

And I always recommend that if you have serious concerns about symptoms during recovery that you should call your surgeon's office.

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• Thank you Bruce. I will go see my doc soon but you know at the very early stages after surgery i had lots of symptoms but they are all gone now and now this thing in my chest is now like pain but actually it is like stiffness. I hope i will have good news.
  • advertisement