Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain too much to bear :( pls help

hello fellow neckies.  trying this post again - sitting here 1:39 am in severe pain - narcotic not helping - another sleepless night!  i was diagnosed this week with retrolithesis 2mm at c2 (above my 3 level acdf performed in 2009.  (is this dangerous   - im concerned) recent mri confirmed bones spurs t1-t3.  t7-t8 facet hypertrophy and t12-l1 disc space narrowing with a bulge.  migrating disc l1-l2 with extrusion.  report said my disc contents have emptied out into my spinal canal.  i love my job (desk) but for the past 2 months i have been having severe anxiety and get irritated so easily and managing my pain / emotions have become impossible and i am normally not like this!  this has taken over my life. i never thought i would ever want surgery again but i have become desperate to stop this debilitating pain!  my appt with pain mgt is mar 7th and it cant come soon enough.  epidurals, burning the nerves, etc. been there.  i know someone is out there that can offer an encouraging word.    my poor husband cleans and cooks - he sees my face every day when i come home from work.  i have always pushed myself to be strong but this pain is completely taking over my life - if my doc says "lets cover this up with an epidural" one more time i will scream.  im telling him i need this fixed. anyone have this type diagnosis?  what were your doctors suggestions?  thank you 

advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello acdf2009 !
    while waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, search may be helpful to you, upper right on page.
    for any of your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions.
    the main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to continue research on.

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thank you Sue :)
  • advertisement
  • Hello acdf,

I had two level acdf 5-7 about five months ago.  Wish I could say I have no pain.  Cant do it.  I have gone back to neuro three times and last imaging shows spondylolithasis and c4-5.  I feel your pain.  I go to work and suffer through eight hours of agony watching the clock all the time.  Pain meds help but I was hoping for more.  I have a feeling another surgery is waiting for me also.  I wish now I had never had it done.  A lot of people have good results, wish I was one of them.  Anxiety, yep got plenty of that.  Also sleepless nights to go alone with it.  I could probably deal with it if I didn't have to work full time.  I guess I could try shots again.  Ive had about fifteen in my neck before surgery.  Never helped before but hey, why not generate some income for the doctors.  I am a team player. 

Sorry you are not feeling well, let me know if you need more info.  In the meantime, try to relax and go with the flow.  Who am I kidding?  Didn't work for me either. lol.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584
    Do you have any surgery scheduled at this point?
    If the cervical discs are causing all these problems, then you probably will not get relief until surgery is done.

Until then, ESI, Trigger Points, Ice/Heat, etc are just some ways to live with the discomfort and pain
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Thank you for your input dilaro and dmo.  Went to PM doc today and was given the nurse practitioner instead of doc to "go over" my MRI.  I had to ask if we could go over it :/ or it would have been the usual what is your pain scale with and without meds type visit.  Already had a triggerpoint last month - gave me the usual 2 day relief - something is better than nothing.   She said I dont show anything they can operate on from what she could see.  I asked why then was I told a month earlier the doc said I was going to have to get surgery to fix some of my issues and he would go over it with me this month?  She shrugged and said she didnt know and he was doing procedures today and wasnt available. So....I scheduled ablation for my cervical area Mar 23rd.  My PM doc does this procedure and I will be able to ask him then.  My good friend Mr Icepack and I will be good daily friends after work again this month :)
  • advertisement
advertisement