Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Worried about my neck pain

Hello, 
Im very worried about my neck health im 20 years old and I got neck pain/ stiffness and pressure in my right side of the back of my neck for one year now, 24 hours every day, some days are better and some are horrible.. But the pressure never stopped.
I had this pain two years ago but it stopped after a few months and came back. 
I dont know the cause of the pain for sure, 
-I visited many doctors and orthopeds and a neurologict once, They said its a muscle problem and it will heal,  but it didnt...
- i ihad x-ray and ct scane done one year ago Nothing found
-i was in physice therapy a month ago for 6 meetings, it help only a little bit and for a short time 
-tried apucunture for a month it didnt helped 
I think this pain may be anaxiety disorder from stress, 
-tried running, doing exercies, it helped a little
Or cause of lifting heavy things befor 
Or mybe when i used to train at the gym when i was 16 years old but it didnt hurt at all befor 
Im only 20 and very worried this pain wont heal. 
I get headaches from it, i feel always bad like i got somthing heavy on my right shoulder and just feeling bad in general from this stiffness i dont feel great like i used to be befor. 
Last year was the worst in my life becuz of this pain. 
How longer will this last? 
WhaT should i do to 
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    edited 02/25/2017 - 1:37 PM
    Hello!
    Curious if you had an EMG? That was helpful to me and my PM doctor in finding nerves effected radicuopathy.
    Also, my PM doctor told me my fibromyalgia causes some of my neck and back of my head pain.

While waiting for other responses from members with similar experiences, search may be helpful to you, upper right on page.
    Typing in any of your concerns, ex...fibromyalgia....may lead you to current or older discussions.
    The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to continue your research on.
    Very informative!

Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Maybe a head and neck MRI would be helpful if this problem persists. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement
  • It will take time untill my orthoped will suggest an MRI scan, i hope i will be able to get it in a few months.. 
    I havent Done an EMG. 
    The process takes time, the doctor want to try all the options first. 
    I dont think its fibromyalgia, i read about it, 
    And i got pain only in my neck right side, and i can feel it ,i dont think its fibromyalgia. 

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,425
    Gal,
    It does sound like a MRI would be helpful.  I do not know the rules and regulations regarding medical health , insurance, etc in Israel.   
    Here in the USA, if a doctor believes a MRI is required they will provide the insurance company with the correct rationale to have it approved and done quickly.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  •  I would suspect fibro if you had overall malaise, like having body aches without high fever and severe fatigue lasting over 3 months. I also have fibro and I learned how to differentiate the pain it causes from my spinal issues. It does magnify any existing pain you already have. When it all started, I had widespread pain, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, TMJ symptoms, and low grade fever. Anyway, I hope the MRI comes soon to provide you some much needed answers. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement
  • I have overall malaise but it caused by pain in one spot only. 
    If i have fibro does it mean this pain and discomfable wont heal? 
    My father got this thing and i dont want to end up like him.
     two years back i felt great now i will never feel like that again? 
    All the doctors i visited said it will pass and its just a muscle stain. 
    I would do aanything to make this thing go away.. How can someone live under stress and pain all the time?
  • jerin0121jjerin0121 BangladeshPosts: 7
    I have neck pain too, also painful lumps on my head which I'm not certain are linked but keep thinking it must be, I'm going vertiginous too and obviously think the worst, as you are too. Neck pain caused by muscle tension. 

To help relieve discomfort Stretch our neck muscles by turning our neck lightly from side to side and up and down. Call the doctor if you have neck pain.
  • gal4713ggal4713 Posts: 7
    edited 03/15/2017 - 7:02 AM
    I feel sick I never feel fresh and healthy i feel weak.. 
    Waking up in the morning is hard even if i sleep well at night 
    I feel cold and hot at the same time 
    And all this around my neck pain pressure. 
    And im alone on this nobody can tell how bad i feel
    my life depends on the stupid orthoped who can be my grandpa and doesnt give a [edit] about me . 
    I want my life back 

• Hi Welcome sorry you are in so much pain. This is just an idea and I only mention it because I am looking for one too to help me with the stress and depression I am experiencing and that is a doctor to help you with all the emotional stuff. It might help you cause it sure can add to what we are dealing with. Do you have the resources to do that and do you think maybe that would help.
    Just trying to think of things to help you out and you came to the right place there are so many wonderful people here who will try to help you and to listen which is so important.
    I have Fibro too which I think add to the overall body aches, tiredness, headaches, flares that add too to the mental stuff. 
    One thing I have been told by doctor's is sleep is so important and just resting during the day. How are you doing with that if you are having issues talk to your doctor they can help you. It sounds like you are not too happy with your doctor and remember it can be hard to for them to get to the bottom of what is going on. I have been trying to get a diagnose for three years and I have to remind myself of that a lot but one thing for sure if you don't feel this doctor is seeking answers for you move on. You have the right to answers so fight for them until you do.
    We are here keep posting even if you just need to talk.
    Take care of yourself
    Sherri
advertisement