Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Atrophy after radiofrequency ablation?

I am a 31 yr old fairly healthy female. February of last year (2016) I was in a drunk driving hit and run accident where I ended up with pretty bad whiplash injuries to my neck and shoulder. The pain was so bad that it was hard to control even with pain killers, muscle relaxers, and ten weeks of PT that they ended up in August of last year doing a nerve ablation to my C3-C6, which greatly helped my pain levels (from a 8 to a 3). (I still am dealing with soft tissue damage in my neck and shoulder but that's just a side note here.) Lately I've noticed that in the same area as where the injections were I have like a dip under my skin now.  I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same type of thing or is it possible that it's related to my soft tissue issues? I don't go back to my Dr until April and I don't want to freak out and try to beg to get in earlier if it's something I shouldn't be concerned about (he runs 2 physical medicine and pain management clinics in 2 different towns and is only in my town 2 days a week..). Any input or simililar experiences on this would be greatly appreciated. 
advertisement

Comments