Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

More Tests and New Symptoms: What is next?

cmiragliaccmiraglia Posts: 30
edited 02/26/2017 - 1:08 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
My NS got a hold of me Friday as she had reviewed my pain journal and was trying to figure out why I continue to have pain in symmetrical pain in right and left shoulder region that is not consistent with MRI findings of cervical stenosis C 3-4. She ordered a new MRI for brain region since I have had tingling sensations in the right facial region along with MRA to detect thoracic outlet syndrome. Being on new meds Gabapentin for  nerve pain has helped for three days until this morning when nerve pain came back full force along with pain in my left upper arm again. A few hours later I begin to have  slight pain in my left leg with a sensation of heaviness. 

Surgery has been offered for the C3-4 moderate stenosis. The C5-6 region has been diagnosed has mild with neural forminal narrowing as well. NS has been very clear that surgery for C3-4 will not resolve outlying issues which I respect her professionalism as she has spent a considerable amount of time consulting with me and going over my pain diary.

My concern now is discomfort in left leg and the fact that meds did not resolve the nerve pain issue. NS did recommend increasing dosage as needed, but I am worried it will affect my cognitive abilities.  I am to have spinal epidural consultation this week and the epidural will most likely be administered the following week. Also will have additional EMG on right arm to determine if there is more nerve issues. NS notes even indicated fibromylgia

In summary I am confused, frustrated and a little scared as the symptoms are so erratic and there is not a clear diagnosis. 
advertisement