Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Violent sneeze after fusion surgery. Is there any solution to pain that ensued?

Is there anything I can do to try to still fuse properly after I had a violent sneeze about three weeks after my fusion surgery.  I grabbed onto a table to try to steady myself, but it feels like I was pulling on the table - creating a sort of lifting effect. My surgery was from lower spine to my neck) fusion, new rods, new screws, etc.  I felt the pain almost right away - and knew I was going to be in pain.  Is there anything I can do to help make my surgery fuse properly now?  Any help would be truly appreciated.  I will be seeing my surgeon to see if he can help - but is there something I can do in the meantime? 

• I think everyone who ever went through a fusion has one of those moments!  Your probably fine, but mention it to your doctor.  If they feel concerned, they may order an xray to make sure your still fusing.  Just remember, no BLT and you should be good!

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello maxmillion!
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • maxmillion
    Hi I was reading some of the posts and was wondering after that scary sneeze did you find out anything. Hopefully you have been back to the doctor and found out everything is going a long fine.
    Take care of yourself