Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

C6-7 mibi-c disk replacement

Hello All,
Looking for some feedback from others who have have have cervicle surgery and are experiencing residual numbness. Had surgery( c-6-7 disk replacement) about 3 weeks ago and am still experiencing numbness in arms and even some in Rt leg which I never had before the surgery. Felt great post surgery for about a week them got numbness back and it expanded to other arm and as I mentioned my leg which I think
is weird. Spoke with doc about it all on two week checkup and he said to give it time that there was inflammation that could be causing it and gave me more steroids. After a second round of anti-inflammatory drugs the numbness is returning. Frustrating and scary. Just don't understand why numbness is there. If the disk is gone and nothing in on the nerve why there numbness sometimes and sometimes there is little to none. Did I mention it's soooo  frustrating. 
 Anyone out there have a similar experience with a positive outcome in the future weeks. I know recovery if different for all but  could use some posttive news from some others who were in similar condition and had a postitve outcome fingers crossed.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,270
    hello robin4242 !
    while you are waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, search may be helpful to you, upper right on page.
    also, main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to reader he on.

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History