Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

L4/L5 S1 microdisectamy

I'm 4 weeks post op after a microdisectamy  to fix a herniated disc.  Sciatic pain has gone still some numbness in left foot. 
Still getting pain once i start walking the muscle gets very tight in my calf and very severe bursts of nerve pain from my left hip and groin and my lower leg. Not a similar pain to the  sciatica I had this comes in quickly very bad and then settles once I stop movement  and no ache just sharp nerve pain. 
Is this just the nerve healing ? I know it takes time but not sure whether  to push through it and keep moving  or follow up. Any advice for similar ops and recovery would be appreciated. Just looking for anyone with  similar symptoms and the results thanks. 

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello lstott 21 !
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi 
    I have never had back surgery so I cannot tell you if these symptoms are related to your surgery but it sure sounds like you should follow up with your doctor. If those symptoms are not what your doctor had mentioned would happen it could for sure be something else so to relieve your worries I would call them. 
    Not that the new symptoms are anything to do with what I am experiencing but I have Si joint issues and so you might want to research that a little before seeing your doctor. I am not a doctor and it is only a suggestion he or she is the one to make that call but at least you would have a suggestion he or she could discuss with you.
    I wish you the best and pray it will be something that improves with time.
    Take the best care of yourself
  • advertisement