Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

chronic appearing disruption of the ventral c4 - c7 fusion plate at c6-c7 level

I had surgery on my neck 8 years ago replacing my discs with titanium cages and bone grafts from my hip at C3/4, C4/5, C5/6, and C6/7. I have considered it a tremendous success with minimal pain and excellent mobility. I was I a minor car accident the first week of December 2016 where the air bag deployed striking me mid chest with the top hitting me right beneath my chin. I did not go to the hospital that night. Just felt stunned and waved to go home. I woke up the next morning sore everywhere and the morning after that my life completely changed. I have no mobility I my neck and pain that won't let up even on morphine. My pain mgmt doctor took Xray and stayed there was broken hardware. My PVP ordered a CT scan and said no broken hardware but "chronic appearing disruption of the ventral c4 - c7 fusion plate at c6-c7 level"
Can anyone help me with what any of this means and what my next step should be. I do have a referral out for a Neuro surgeon to take a closer look at the CT scan but any advice or help would be appreciated
advertisement

Comments

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 1,025
    Hi Val,
    It's in your best interest to wait and talk to the neurosurgeon after he looks at your imaging. Also try and get at least one or two more opinions from other highly rated medical professionals.
    Good luck to you and hope all goes well.
    Ranger
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Reminder......there are no medical professional on discussion forums.
    We members are not qualified not allowed to comment on test results......

Thank you......
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello ValKrauel !
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History