Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Neck C5 C6

I have spinal impingement, the left column? Is crushed. Have had 1 injection that really helped for about a year.  
Now the pain is roaring back. Left thumb/index, top of hand, forearm and back upper left shoulder are just screaming. I can deal with it but no lie I'm in pain and it isn't fun. Unable to sleep much again. Nerve pain meds Gabepentin does very little. I'm healthy and would be in really good shape if I could go to gym etc. but left arm weakness coming back. 
So my question is if you've had this similar issue and you had spinal fusion of just 1 Vertabrae in your neck what was your result? 
The Neurosuegeon was very matter of fact that I'd be fixed and back to work quickly and with only 8% loss of ROM. 
Has anyone experienced such success? I know many of you have far worse issues than I have. I really want to hear from you who've had a similar scenario and the outcome good or bad. 
Thank you on advance

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 274
    C5c6 - From your description/symptoms, it sounds like you have a C5/C6 nerve root impingement on the left side.  You didn't state if this was caused by a trauma or another event.
    There are no guarantees involving spine surgery.  I had a single level C6/C7 fusion ten years ago for nerve root impingement on my right side.  It healed quick, I was back to work in little time and had very little lose of motion.  Later, I had other issues higher in my neck that have landed me in disability.  The higher neck issues are more complex. 

From what you describe, it sounds like your odds are good.  If you still have concerns, consider a second opinion.          
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello C5-C6 !
    Search may be helpful to you while waiting for more responses from members with shared experiences.
    For any of your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions.
    The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to further research on.

Please click on link for helpful information!
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement