Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

8 months post l3l4 revison fusion

Pain is on left side of surgery area the longer  I am on my feet or sitting the goes up to 7 -9 now if I am in bed goes is 2-3 . I had hardware injections and not the hardware. I just had facet injections like 2 weeks ago no help. the Dr is saying lets wait until a year and still in pain will talk about spinal cord stimlater .I gut is telling me something is wrong with the fusion . I work in a lab at a hospital it is very hard to work in that level of pain . Do you think getting a second opinion is a good idea ?
Had L4L5 and L5s1 fused in 1999
10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
360 OLIF revision on 7/6/16 for L3L4
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    Rich - Second opinions are most always a good idea.  Did you have post surgical imaging to confirm fusion at about 6 - 8 weeks??  What was said??  Based on the brief history and current issues - If I was having similar issues - I would demand (kindly request) and MRI to determine exact status .... a lot can happen and change in 8 months.

Regards,

MN
  • yes I had imaging  3m and 6m at 6m he just said right where I  supposed to be for 6m. I  just noticed a small spot at the end of my scar that is red and looks yellow like puss very small but that is weird it has been 8m 
    10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
  • advertisement
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    And a second opinion??  Maybe??

MN
  • Waiting for call to see if this doctor will give me a second opinion . Had to fax my operative notes to him .  
    10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
advertisement