Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L4 L5 Spinal fusion

Help,  I am five weeks into the postop surgery. I'm struggling with sitting laying down walking sciatica nerve pain numbness in my feet and leg pain. Does this get better and is this normal is anybody Else five weeks into this and can help me. I'm still on pain medication every six hours is that normal as well
advertisement

Comments

• I am four weeks postop as well I can sit and lay when I find comfortable spot.  I still have leg pain and back and feet.  I was put on gabapentin for nerve pain that seems to help some.  I still am taking pain meds.  I was on a walker for three and half weeks surgery affected my left leg.  I recently have been using a cane now.  I am better from day one.  Pain is better than day one. Mobility is better.  But saying all that I feel unbalanced. I think this is early in recovery.   Hoping for the best. They told me to walk as much as I can.  
  • RickallenRRickallen MichiganPosts: 91
    Im 3.5 months after surgery.I had some ups and downs.I still on pain meds and cant go back to work unless im on a lot less of what im takeing.im now 56 years old so thinking of fileing for disabilaty.....I realy thought I was on my way to being ok .but the ups and downs have me worried.
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello Xena9798 !
    Please let your doctor know all that you are experiencing.

Search may be of benefit to you also, upper right on page. You may be led to discussions. You may be led to medical side.
    The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Using search, you may want to read,***Recovery the Most Important Phase***
    I wish you the very best! Please keep in touch!

Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History