Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What's Wrong?

Only around four times have I experienced what feels like death...sorry to exaggerate. It starts as a localized shooting pain in my thoracic region then radiates out. I can't turn or it shoots again. Also, if I try to pick something up, even a pencil, it feels like the radiating pain moves back to the localized section then slowly increases to a shooting pain again, forcing me to drop the object. If the pain was higher than the arms I would understand the arm weakness, but it isn't. I suppose it could be a muscle thing...I can tell when it is about to happen every thing in my back seems to tense and the area gets sore-ish. I just want to know if anyone has experienced anything like this or if anyone has any ideas what it could be. Thank you!
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,518
    edited 03/11/2017 - 1:25 PM
    Hello Sky_Alexander
    There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    Have you seen a doctor about it?

Please click on the link for useful information Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hi Sky and welcome
    You have come to the right place for support there are so many here that will try to help you but like Liz says we cannot offer you any type of medical advice. But we can be there for you when you need someone to talk to or even like give you ideas like checking out the "blend" if you type it in the upper right hand corner box. There are tons of information also and great videos I actually learned what might be one of my major pain generators using the videos here. 
    So give more information as to what kind of tests, doctor's etc. that is very helpful.
    Hope you find some answers soon and if you don't have a doctor please make sure you get one.
    Sherri
  • advertisement
  • Thoracic radiculopathy, sounds familiar and the symptoms vary widely from person to person. Mine doesn't go too far thankfully. Read up on to see if it fits your symptoms.
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello!
    I am curious...what did your doctor have to say about your symptoms?

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Yes, I agree. Knowing what your doctor says about your symptoms is always the first step in learning about what type of pain you're in to treat and manage it correctly. It can range from a pulled muscle, to a condition you developed. If you're in pain regularly, I suggest learning about alternative options or ways you can treat or provide yourself with pain relief when you're at home and far from your doctor. Things like proper stretches, eating balanced healthy diets, taking vitamins, and even patches, at home therapies, changing your mattress, or laser greatly help. Just make sure to run these by your doctor first because getting treatment is all about being in sync with all these ways to treat pain. Hope it helps.
  • advertisement
advertisement