Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

2nd Surgery, no fusion

Has anyone else had zero fusion?  I have Spondylolisthesis, L6-S1(extra vertebrae).  My first surgery was PLIF but only one set of hardware due to bone thickness issues.  They used allograft.  Surgery was March 2015.
 In November 2016, they decided it was failed, no fusion in cage and only 2 broken bridges aft.  In December they did ALIF with BMP-2.  My 3 months x-rays look the same as my 2 week x-rays.  No fusion visible, does not even  seem to be trying.  Am I being impatient or could there be a reason my body is not even trying?  
I do not smoke and have gone from being an avid equestrian to a couch potato due to pain and doctor's orders.  Doctor is telling me do not bend, twist, lift.  They did lift the walking no more than one mile all day total.  I still have neuropathy from the waist down.  After sleeping overnight, I  regain some feeling in my feet but lose that driving to work.  Accident was May 2013, hit by a semi in my little car.  Went thru several doctors who could not find the spondylolisthesis.  Any information or direction to information about zero fusion would be most appreciated.  
advertisement

Comments

• No one?  I feel that once could happen but twice?  Guess it's time for a new surgeon.
  • Was it zero fusion or just real minimal? I'm almost 2yrs with minimal fusion l3-l5 an supposed to not twist bend an nothing over 25lbs check again in 6months! It gets depressing 
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello mxdebb !
    while waiting for other responses from members with shared experiences, search may be helpful to you, upper right on page.
    for any of your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions. you may be led to medical side.
    the main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on, also.

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History