Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

spinal fusion L4-S1

Had my surgery Aug. 2015 woke up the next day with severe pain in my back and left leg and foot. Was rushed in for a MRI and it showed that everything was fine. I had asked the doctor what was causing the pain in my left leg and foot and he stated that it was my nerves adjusting. My entire left side was numb and had pins and needles stinging everywhere. Left hospital after 5 days and after many return visits to the doctor my foot is still numb and has shooting pains that could wake the dead. Doctor said after 6 - 24 mouths you have what you have as far as the nerves go. Went to a neurosurgeon after having a mylegram and he said that the left nerve was cut and I would never have full use of my left leg and that my fusion had broke and that one of the screws is coming out of the bone.  So now I am fixing to have a 360 fusion and scared to death.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello nascarfan #4 !
    while waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, search may be helpful to you, upper right on page.
    for any of your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions. you may be led to medical side.
    the main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on, also.

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History