Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SCS and "arthritis" pain

My doctor wants to try a SCS on me.  I have sever DDD in all lumbar discs.  The nerve pain I get is positional.  It comes and goes depending on how I am sitting or laying.  I also get a lot of pain in the spine itself from the arthritis in the spine.  Has anybody gotten relief from the arthritis pain?  The doctor says I should get relief, but I like to hear from some actual cases.  Thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• I have had my scs since Dec 23 2016, a great Christmas gift! I use it mainly for my chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy and spinal issues one of which is arthritus, but a side effect on the plus side is that it also relieves the arthritis pain in my knees and ankles. However, I must say that my arthritis is not severe like the nerve and back pain. Before I had my scs implanted I met with the spinal surgeon, his NP, my pain doc, his NP, the technician from Boston Scientific and had a trial procedure. I was able to ask all the questions I thought of and experience the full effect of a scs before I went through the actual operation. My advice would be to ask lots of questions any you think of and take full advantage of the trial, I was trold during my trial to try all the activities I would normally do if I could, I worked in my garden for three hours!
  • Glad to hear you are getting some relief.
  • advertisement
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    I get relief from my DDD, bulging discs, and arthritis with my SCS. It also helped with my SCS install surgical pain. Had lumbar, and 2 cervical surgeries. Helps with all my spine issues. My SCS distracts my tiny brain from many pains. Had bone spur surgery, on my ankle, many years ago. Even helps with that. Is it a cure? Not at all. Just another tool that I throw at all my different ailments. I wish there was a cure. Sadly, there is not. 
  •  So far I find the SCS more helpful for nerve pain. I haven't achieved the coverage I'd like in my lower back yet, but it's only been a few months since surgery. I hope it will eventually cover the multitude of spinal issues I have, including spinal arthritis. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • Meydey, did they tell you it would relive the arthritis pain?
  • advertisement
advertisement