Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Failed surgery

I had a single level lumbar fusion 15 months ago for spondylolisthesis. I'm 43. Recovery was tougher than I imagined. But unfortunately I took a sharp turn for the worse after the one year mark. I feel like I fell out a window, like my entire lower back is on fire. I know from imaging that the spacer around which I'd supposedly fused slipped anteriorly almost as much as the old broken vertebrae had. My appointment with the surgeon was postponed due to a snowstorm. So I'm left to speculate about my options. I feel certain I'll have chronic pain the rest of my life. I don't want more surgery. 
advertisement

Comments

• Hello i am a 60 yr. Old lady 4 weeks postop of L4 L5 spinal fusion for spondylolisthesis also it is more painful then what I anticipated it affected my left leg I was on a walker for 3 weeks currently I'm using a cane I hope I heal keep us posted as to your progress I'm hoping all is well with you.  Also they have me on oxycodone and Neurontin for the nerve pain I think it's getting better but still not right