Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SCS for neck pain anyone?

I have had chronic neck pain from an accident 4 years ago. I had several injections, PT, acupuncture, and 2 years ago I had a multi level cervical fusion followed by a rhizotomy, I still suffer pain everyday, with increased pain during any little activity. I can't sleep well at night due to the pain. I am not on any pain killers. My doctor suggested the spinal cord stimulator for my neck. I want to know if anyone has had this done to relieve neck pain, and did it work?  How well did it work? I know everyone is different, but if I could get an idea on how well others have dealt with it, it might help my decision a lot. Thanks so much! 
advertisement

Comments

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    Yes. 4 months post op from scs install. Nuvectra Algovita.  Works great for cervical thoracic lumbar pain.
  • Thanks. I'm just really scared.  How was it for you with the trial? I've read online about people who was in really bad pain for a week during the trial.  If I'm going to be in so much pain, how am I going to know if it is helping me or not? 
  • advertisement
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    edited 03/30/2017 - 3:40 PM
    The surgical pain, for the trial, was not that bad. I only wore the trial device for 5 days. Surgical pain subsided after the second day. I had a really good experience, overall, with the trial. I really noticed how much I liked it when they removed it. Just walking to my car hurt a lot. The weeks waiting on the perm install were hell. Luckily, there was a cancellation and my surgery was moved up a couple of weeks. The pain after the perm install was extreme!!! My PM gave me a couple of extra Norcos a day to help. It did not. I needed something stronger. I was actually driving to my ortho's office a few days after the surgery. Not fun but my ride already left town. The SCS actually helped the surgical pain too which was nice. You will know if the trial device helps you.