Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How long does post op pain, pressure last?

Hello everyone, I've been reading helpful tips, and stories from you awesome people for a little over a year now. I've just recently had a fusion at c6,7 and am having some uncomfortable symptoms. It feels like gas, or air is coming up, and ripping through my chest, or like it's in between somewhere it shouldn't be. I'm 3 days post op, most everything else is considered normal to this point. Has anyone had something like this? Does it go away?
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,258
    james, it is very difficult for anyone to respond when we do not have enough information to go on.
    please click on the link below to help you get started.
    https://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/66152/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-spine-health-how-get-started#latest
    in the meantime, i have never had experience in this are but maybe someone else has.
    hope to hear back from you soon.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • I have never have had that experience, sorry. It is just to early to tell. At only 3 days post op, anything can happen. Check in with your doctors. My cervical spine surgery was January of 2013, so I am 4 years post op.
  • advertisement
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    jamesct12

How are you doing now?  Have you contacted  your surgeon about those symptoms? 

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• fingerscrossedffingerscrossed Rochester NYPosts: 27
    If your only 3 days post opt your going to have all kinds of stuff, your not going to feel close to normal for 2 months, it's a slow process. 3 months you will start PT should feel ok. But what your discribing doesn't have detail. Your stomach is going to be a mess for a month, mine was. 
advertisement