Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Zanaflex and feeling weak and tired

so many problems with me,    I've been taking zanaflex constant for 2 weeks, for spasms stiffness and pain.
has anyone been taking zanaflex constant for over a month and feel very weak and fatigued.
This morning is real bad after taking the zanaflex constant for 3 weeks straight .
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,416
    Mike, that was one of the reasons I stopped using Zanaflex.
    Although it was very effective, it left me too tired and drowsy while I was taking it and also the following day.  Sort of like a mild hangover
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    I just could not be more happy with baclofen, after so many muscle relaxers (zanaflex was one) and a lot of symptoms , baclofen actually helps increase my energy and as a side it's very good for nerve pain along with muscle .  For me it has almost zero noticeable side effects .  But I had same issues with zanaflex as you Mike
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    Been taking Zanaflex since 2012. It does put me to sleep many times but it works. 
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 652
    Thanks for the responses, it makes me very tired.  I'm taking it 3 times a day due to having terrible stomach muscle
    spasms , they doubled me right over.   Been on it 24/7 for a week it really helped.  I just wonder when. I quit it April 1 whether   I'll 
    have to. Ween off it?  I have so many issues going right now. Constipation is terrible.  To go 5 days ago it took a suppository 
    and a 10 oz. bottle of magnesium citrate.   I'm bound up again. Any suggestions,   I've been using miralax .
  • advertisement
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    Norco tends to back me up. I fight it with an OTC stool softener. Zanaflex does not back me up. I have taken many breaks off of Zanaflex. No probs. It's non-narcotic. 
advertisement