Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Lumbar Fusion Surgery- 7 weeks post op

Hi all,

I had L4-L5 fused in early February and was wondering how everyone felt at 7 weeks post op because I feel awful! I know that everybody is different, but I just got a new MRI done and I'm waiting on the results. I'd love to hear everybody's feedback. Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• jadehdjjadehd CaliforniaPosts: 20
    Also, if there's anybody on here who's willing to take a quick look at my MRI pictures I can email you some screenshots of it and just get some feedback so i can kind of get an idea what's going on, that would be great! Just post your email or number or anyway to contact you...
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Reminder.******there are no medical professionals on discussion forums.
    We members are not qualified and not allowed to comment on MRI to other tests results*******

Your doctor should be explaining your results to your full understanding.

Thank you.......
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,271
    hiya

I had a 10 level fusion T10 to S2 and pelvis, and at 7 weeks i was finally cleared to be a passenger in the car.....i was up and walking, and doing okay, still having some pain that needed help at night, not sleeping well (i'm 13 weeks now and still not sleeping well), no BLTing, but i wouldn't say i was anywhere back to half normal and fine yet-at the time i thought i was doing great, but looking back i still had a very very long way to go.  at 13 weeks i am now having the odd day where i actually forget for a few hours that i have had surgery, but the major difference was between weeks 10 and 12 for me. 
    This is such a long process....requiring a lot of patience.  my surgeon told me that he gives one level fusions 6-9 months to heal.....and for me i'm looking at 2 years.....so try and be patient, and do what you need to do (like no BLTs) and if you aren't seeing some improvement make sure you talk to your surgeon/doctor.  it sounds like you are, since you just had an MRI, hopefully it can shed some light on what is going on in there. 
    Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair.