Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Loose Pedical screws causing new symptoms?

Friday night I awoke feeling like my leg is being electrocuted.  I am having 1-3 second shocks every 30-60 seconds like clockwork.  I am 15 months post fusion L2 to S1.  I was doing great.  CT scan shows evidence of loosening screws at L3, L4.  I am having pain across lumbar area, up and over left hip to inside of L thigh to L great toe.  I feel like a tight band around calf muscle.  They want me to see the neurosurgeon tomorrow.  Anyone else with experience of loose pedical screws causing new symptoms and what was your treatment?  I am confused and terrified!
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,270
    Hello!
    While waiting for responses, search  may be helpful for you to find other members' comments, since your doctor appointment so soon.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History