Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chronic Neck Pain

New member.. I have chronic neck pain that cause headaches.  I do stretches and lean of my bed to stretch out my muscles. It does provide some relief,  but only temporary. What are your rights on chiropractor help?
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello sanderfordlm !
    do you mean...what are our thoughts on chiropractic help?....?

would you be able to tell us a little more about yourself, for memebers with shared experiences to be more able to respond?
    ****new members' information guidelines/checklist **** may be helpful in what you may want to share.
    you can find by using search, upper right on page.

you may also be interested in reading****chronic pain step by step****

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 878
    Sanderfordlm - Are you having any arm/hand symptoms?  Most times from my cervical experiences, you get issues in either/both of your hands and/or hands.  I am not a fan of chiropractic help.  Most of my reasons are because of how broken up my neck is from whiplash.  I would highly recommend getting some type of imaging of your neck if there is reasonable evidence to think there could be neck issues.  Knowledge is powerful.     

Do your due diligence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be surprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.

• advertisement
  • Chiropractors kept my neck moving for 15 years ...but if I was able to do it all over again I would find myself a great MASSAGE THERAPIST and also a physical therapist. A good massage therapist will work on the muscles and its not a 'feel good' massage-often it hurts-but the day afterwards you feel better.
    3 neck fused,bars,DDD thruout
  • Sanderfordlm,  I recommend a chiropractor but find a Corrective chiropractor who does before and after X-rays and whose goal is to restore the normal function and not just symptom relief. If you can't find a Corrective chiropractor then look for a Vitalistic chiropractor. They have a mind/body approach to healing and don't "crack" like other chiropractors. I'm going to one and my neck and arm pain are slowly getting reduced. This is expected since it can take some time for healing to take place and I have 2 protrusions in neck to correct.
    Best wishes:)
advertisement