Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

After surgery pain and foot drop

Hi all I'm 3 weeks post op for L2/3 disc bulge surgeon said the disc had fractured into 4 pieces and gone down behind the spine I had foot drop for 6 weeks before op and it is still with me after op hasn't really improved very much. 

Pain wasn't to bad after op but after a 10 min walk and some excercise from my phisio 2 days ago the pain in my back has come back now the nerve pain and muscle pain near my scar has the muscle feels locked up and feels more like a cramp and I have a bit of tingles and pain in my left leg .

I think I may have just over did it a little but it has me a little worried I've done something more serious I hope not .
On my foot drop now the doc said this my take a little while to come back to normal I was just wanting to ask if anyone has had this and fully recovered and how long it took I'm a pretty active person and it has me a little concerned that it may be permanent .

advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,270
    hello hedge !
    while waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, search may be helpful to you, upper right on page.
    for any of your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions. you may be led to medical side.
    the main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on, also.

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History