Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Muscles shaking when used (arm)

Hi there,

I am 25y old woman, have hernia of 5/6 with compressed nerve root 6. I have extreme pain in neck ( cannot sit longer than half an hour) and severe burning pain in right arm radiating to thumb, 2. and 3. finger, some pain in left too. It hurts more when I lift the arm, so I gave up on excercise, just doing isometric excercises on neck. The result is that I am loosing strength in right arm, cant do any activities that need longer period of strength, like pushing -after 2-3 seconds my muscles start uncontrollably shaking. Now even cutting carrot is dificult for me. Is it the nerve iritating the muscles? My neurologist didnt tell. Does anybody experience the same? What excercises do you do? Thanks for response
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,905
    AndySK, while we are waiting for responses from other members with shared experiences, it may be useful to you by using the search engine at the top right of this page. Regarding any of your concerns, you may be led to other discussions.The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos.
    Does your neurologist know of your condition? He wil be the one that will have to find the answers.
    Keep us posted on what you find out.
    Please click on the link below for more useful information.
    Welcome to Spine Health
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 790

AndySK - I have C4/C5 (nerve root 5) and  C5/C6 (nerve root 6) compression on both sides and yes, I have had the symptoms you describe.  I'm going to be put through additional diagnostics, cortisone injection therapy.  I looks like I'm headed to surgery, but to "justify surgery", I have to do the injection therapy.  For exercises, I have NOT found any to work for me.  I've been though extended PT and my condition only got worse.  Last fall, my doctor wrote a script for a home cervical traction machine.  It helped for a couple of months, but now does not help, most times makes things worse.

I'd recommend that you keep pursuing diagnostic tests.  Don't be surprised if your doctor requests cortisone injections.  Sometimes the injections help for short term relief, but often are really used for diagnostic purposes.  Compressed nerve roots are no fun.  I feel with you.  I hope you can find relief.            

• advertisement